Reduce pilot training time & costs by digitally capturing preflight inspection logs with the power of AR and IoT
Friday, February 19, 2021 from 12-12:30 pm ET
Join our AR industry experts as they share a recent Innovation Lab project leveraging PTC Studio and ThingWorx to reduce helicopter pilot training time and digitally capture preflight inspection logs.
Did you know pre-flight helicopter inspections can benefit from the use of modern AR and IoT technologies?
Imagine you’re a new helicopter pilot. Wouldn’t it be great to simply point your iPad at the helicopter and leverage a robust AR application to show you the steps you need to perform for your pre-flight inspection and capture the inspection data?
Illumination Works’ Blackhawk Helicopter AR Application does just that! Join us as we share our latest Innovation Lab AR project leveraging a Blackhawk helicopter CAD model. Our AR/IoT experts will demonstrate how they created the AR pre-flight inspection application using an iPad and PTC’s Vuforia Studio AR software, Creo Illustrate, and ThingWorx IoT software.
- Demonstrate AR and different instruction content types associated with how information can be presented to the pilot executing the pre-flight checklist
- Show the pilot the best place to stand to perform the inspection
- Integrate several training and performance aids into the app such as photos and technical documentation
- Set the foundation for developing advanced visuals such as integrating AR and CAD manipulations
- Write back to and pull data from IoT software to view backdated inspections
Identify environmental issues as they occur & monitor water and air conditions/quality to maintain a safe work environment, avoiding shutdowns & rework
Friday, March 19, 2021 from 12-12:30 EDT
Join IoT industry experts Illumination Works as they share their recent Innovation Lab prototype leveraging PTC ThingWorx to ensure environmental safety and correct air and water conditions/quality during depaint, paint, and cure of aircraft and aircraft parts inside large hangar bays.
Real-time, sensor–produced IoT environmental data can be monitored and give warnings and alerts to keep paint hangar operations running optimally.
The operations center of a large paint hanger requires continuous understanding of what is going on in the environment as prep and painting are being done. Whether depainting, painting, or curing, it is critical to monitor the environment to ensure worker safety and proper water and air conditions are maintained during painting and curing stages.
Join Illumination Works as we share our latest Innovation Lab IoT project leveraging paint hangar sensor data to build a monitoring and alerting dashboard leveraging PTC ThingWorx. This capability monitors properties like airflow during cleaning and depainting; fan sensors to determine air quality being filtered out of the building; chemicals in the air to ensure regulations are adhered; and temperatures in boilers that heat water to clean and paint.
- Demonstrate modeling sensors to monitor environment factors of a paint hangar to determine if the building is within safe parameters and will not harm workers
- Show offline simulation of sensor data to build dashboards offline before moving to a production environment and connecting to live sensors
- Leverage data streams that provide an opportunity for future predictive analytics