Expert Capture Maintenance Training Pilot
The Air Force maintenance community requires consistent ramp up of skilled workers quickly to minimize the impact of normal turnover rates and the increasing number of senior maintainers eligible for retirement.
Team Illumination Works is piloting a maintenance training tool at Kirtland AFB utilizing augmented reality (AR) technologies to provide interactive models for training on the CV-22. Our team is delivering a state-of-the-art cloud-based AR training leveraging PTC Vuforia Expert Capture application on a RealWear augmented reality (AR) device.
- One 1-week configuration and Expert Capture training where maintainers recorded and edited steps for use cases
- Five 1-week hands-on support working side-by-side with maintainers to capture, edit and deploy initial training scenarios using the EC software
- PTC Vuforia Expert Capture Software
- RealWear HMT-1 headset to house EC software and capture/play back steps
- Mobile Workstation to tether/connect to PTC software cloud for editing in web app