Cloud-Native Azure PaaS Architecture
The Air Force is modernizing their integrated supply chain planning services and required assistance developing their Azure platform as a service (PaaS) solution to gain long-term savings.
Illumination Works designed and implemented a cloud-native Azure PaaS solution and is supporting consequent releases. Our team converted intake requirements into suitable data structures for storage, developed a process for reporting metrics for data ingestion streams, and simplified the overall architecture.
- Minimized maintenance and support overhead
- Decreased time to market compared to traditional and infrastructure as a service (IaaS)-based implementations
- Provided a consumption-based cost model for cost efficient utilization of cloud resources
- Resulted in quicker time to market deliveries with lower support and maintenance overhead demands
- BitBucket, Artifactory, and MS Team Foundation Server for automated CI/CD and DevSecOps
- Azure Data Factory and Azure SSIS for enterprise level ETL/ELT data ingest, transform, and prep
- Azure Functions for PaaS micro services
- Azure SQL for DB as a Service relational data store
- Azure API management for PaaS integration, app gateway, and request mediation services