Agile Big Data Analytics Framework
A large local retailer needed to consume a substantial amount of data from their customer’s electronic footprint to answer questions that could not be addressed by the current data warehouse.
Illumination Works has been helping a Fortune 25 retailer build organic big data capabilities including architecture, infrastructure, and advanced analytics for 9+ years. The joint big data team developed and fielded dual-fed Hadoop clusters that are performing real-time maintenance, facilities, supply chain, and customer focused analytics.
- Determined optimal point to replace/repair refrigerator unit vs waiting for failure/set schedule
- Uncovered pharmacy fraud and theft by
identifying anomalies in data
- Improved time to identify profitability for bulk packaging from 40 days to 18 hours
- Categorized and related unstructured data
- Big data and data management
- Agile development approach (SAFe®)
- Dual-fed Cloudera Hadoop clusters and Impala